The mission of Dominion Equine Welfare – an all-volunteer organization - is to ensure the welfare of equines, both domestic and wild, through education, advocacy and strategy. Within our mission are the following goals:
- Education through community events
- Advocate for legislation that will protect equines from slaughter, abuse and neglect.
- Provide information to, and meet with, elected representatives
- Find solutions for at-risk equines through innovative ideas and direct action
- Promote responsible horse ownership, from birth to death
- Share best practices from the areas of equine welfare advocacy and veterinary medicine