Applicants are evaluated on a case-by-case basis using a number of criteria, including but not limited to:
- You must be a private equine owner. No applications from equine businesses (such as boarding, breeding or training facilities) will be considered. Regrettably, we are unable to offer assistance to rescues at this time.
- The number of equine you own.
- You must have owned your equine for a minimum of 6 months.
- You have standing relationships with one or more equine professionals (veterinarians, farriers/natural trimmers, dental providers, etc.)
- You must provide a safe, secure, clean, healthy environment to maintain your equine, to include shelters, pastures/paddocks, hay storage.
- You are not involved in the breeding or sale of equine on a regular basis (not including the need to sell your equine due to your financial situation)
- Applicant must agree to no breeding of any kind for a minimum of three (3) years. This includes the shipping or receipt of semen.
- Situation and need must be short-term*.
- You must show documented financial need due to unemployment or other financial hardship.
- You must have a workable plan developed to avoid future need and be willing to share that.
- A site visit is mandatory for applicants by a Dominion EquiHelp TM volunteer or designated person.
If you feel you meet these criteria, please complete and submit an application.
* 3-6 months